Always Something to Do Here!
There’s something for everyone in Michigan’s Great Southwest, where we enjoy all 4 seasons. Here’s a snapshot of what awaits you in our area:
- Benton Harbor-Niles MSA named 9th best summer town by USA Today (August, 2013)
- Home of Whirlpool Corporation global headquarters and Whirlpool North America
- Over 40 miles of Lake Michigan coastline including 7 public beaches
- 306 inland lakes and rivers
- 17 parks with hiking, fishing, cycling, running walking and kayaking
- Over 400 golf courses within a 100 mile-radius
Enjoy Local Wineries, Breweries and Distilleries
We are blessed with optimal growing conditions thanks to the fertile ground produced by the cool Lake Michigan breezes which produce an abundance of local wines and spirits and a wide array of Michigan craft beers.
- Over 25 wineries are located throughout Michigan's Great Southwest
- More than 15 breweries boasting craft beers, hard ciders and ales can be enjoyed all year long
- 3 distilleries offering handcrafted artesian spirits
Cultural Diversity and Inclusion
Whatever your taste, our area is full of arts and culture.
Krasl Art Center offers visitors and members high quality art through domestic and international exhibits, classes and a nationally- acclaimed art fair each July on the bluff overlooking Lake Michigan.
Box Factory for the Arts showcases local artists work in their public galleries, and these same talented individuals create their masterpieces in the studios, located in the building. You can enjoy the local musical talent performing at the Box Factory in special performances throughout the year.
Benton Harbor Arts District boasts local art galleries and restaurants including a brewery where live entertainment and new craft beers can be enjoyed.
Harbor Shores Resort
Berrien County is home to the Harbor Shores Resort and Harbor Shores Golf Course, a Jack Nicklaus Signature Course and home to the 2022 KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship. The 500-acre Harbor Shores Resort is home to six housing developments that include single-family and multi-family living. There are over 12 miles of walking trails in the Harbor Shores Resort that connect the Golf Course, the Inn at Harbor Shores, the Renaissance Athletic Center, the Benton Harbor Arts District and kayak/canoe rentals.