Cornerstone Alliance is looking for a well-organized, ambitious professional to provide support for one of our department heads. This is a great opportunity to establish working relationships with high-level executives and contribute to the overall efficiency of our organization.
Position Summary: This position will be responsible for various projects/programs managed by the Vice President of External Affairs, with an emphasis on the following: Events, Special Projects, Brand Ambassador, and the growth and development of the First Choice Program.
Reports To: Vice President, External Affairs
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
To be considered for this position, candidates must possess the following skills:
• Time management and ability to meet deadlines
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Problem-solving and decision making
• Proactivity and self-direction
• Interpersonal skills
• Planning skills to coordinate the actions of multiple parties
• Creative thinking skills to design events that fit the visions of the organization
• Multitasking ability necessary to move from one task to another at a fast pace
• Basic accounting skills to track spending and stick to a budget
• Good networking skills to build relationships with vendors and suppliers and attract new clients
• Excellent problem-solver
• Active on social media (Influencer is a plus)
• Familiarity with social media analytics and metrics tracking preferred
• In-depth knowledge of best writing and messaging practices for business correspondence, public relations, advertising, marketing and sales copy and social media
• Basic understanding of crisis management
• Ability to effectively engage with team members of all levels and across departments
Events (Ribbon Cutting/Groundbreaking; Flex; Quarterly & Annual Investor Mtg.; Fam Tour; Board Mtg.)
Responsible for overseeing tasks throughout the event planning process. Duties include meeting with
vendors at the venue location to help with set-up, managing supplies and decorations and leading staff
to ensure the completion of a successful event.
• Creating schedules of all activities for staff to follow during events
• Communicating with all vendors and suppliers before, during and after the event
• Managing the budget to ensure the event doesn’t cost more than originally planned
• Handling problems that arise to help the event go off smoothly
Special Projects (Water Taxi; Move to Michigan; Wi-Fi; Veterans Program; Flex)
Assist Vice President, External Affairs on larger, complex projects and ensure the project runs smoothly
from start to finish. Responsible for completing the day-to-day tasks involved in planning and
implementing a project, like coordinating with vendors, monitoring budget spending, and collaborating
with other departments to find resources and more information for a project.
• Liaising with project stakeholders concerning project details and deliverables
• Assisting in the planning and implementation of projects
• Helping to coordinate and manage project tasks and deliverables
• Conducting administrative duties, such as setting up meetings, drafting invoices and drawing
• Tracking and reporting project progress
Brand Ambassador (Brands: CA; WBC; BD; First Choice; M2M; Flex; Water Taxi)
Responsible for promoting an organization’s products or services. Their duties include answering the
public’s questions about a particular organization and its offerings, attending events on behalf of the
organization. Assist with the development and implementation of marketing campaigns for
• Assist with creating website content including blogs which will attract new clients while growing
our expertise in our social media spaces
• Create social media accounts for special projects and provide content as needed
• Draft press releases and speeches following organizational news
• Communicate with media outlets and journalists and create press kits
• Develop materials to educate staff on communication practices
• Perform communications research and monitor the progress of various communications
First Choice - Sales
Main duties include designing plans to meet tour targets, developing, and cultivating relationships with
clients. Responsible for engaging with customers on behalf of the organization. Duties include answering
phone calls or emails from clients to answer questions, participating in meetings with leadership to
discover new communication tactics and maintaining expert knowledge about company programs or
services to best help clients.
• Providing introductory information to new clients
• Provide high-level technical and program support
• Supervise and develop tour guide success teams
• Develop and execute strategic plans to achieve tour targets
• Create and communicate goals and ensure C-level executives are informed on the progress of
• Build and maintain long-lasting, strong relationships with customers while partnering with them
to better understand their business objectives and needs
• Effectively communicate value propositions through presentations and proposals
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
This position is also eligible for: Generous benefits package that includes Health & Dental Insurance, Paid Time Off and Holidays, Simple IRA Program and match, Education and Gym Membership assistance and more.
Position Open Until Filled.
Expected Start Date: May 1, 2023
Include Subject: External Affairs Team Opening
1. Cover letter which includes a description of your qualifications as they relate to the position description provided; why you are interested in this position; and highlighted experience that particularly qualifies you for the position.
3. Three professional references and two personal references.
About Cornerstone Alliance
Cornerstone Alliance provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment
and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national
origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.