POSITION TITLE: Office Manager
REPORTS TO: President and CEO
FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt – Part-time
JOB SUMMARY: Office Manager is responsible for supporting a variety of projects managed by the President and providing organizational support to the leadership team.
Provides high-level administrative support by assisting with accounts payables, preparing reports, handling information requests including Human Resources documentation. Performs clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, and scheduling meetings. Occasionally represents the President in meetings.
Handles information requests and composes correspondence involving complex and non-routine matters. Arranges for staff representation at meetings or conferences. Summarizes content of incoming materials and specially gathered data and briefs President regarding important issues or conflicts. Assesses the urgency and importance of situations and takes appropriate action. Ensures, in the absence of the President, that requests for action and information are furnished in a timely manner. Maintenance of a high-level of confidentiality with both clients and Cornerstone Alliance personnel is required.
• Attend meetings to document activities. Compile, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings.
• Arrange, participate in and implement, conferences and meetings.
• Collaborate with outside accounting firm to enter payables and expense reports. Ensure the accurate recording of financial data in a timely manner.
• Manage special projects for the organization.
• Greet visitors and determine whether they should be given access to specific individuals.
• Manage and maintain executive schedule, including travel arrangements.
• Prepare agendas and make arrangements for committee, board, and other meetings.
• Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters and other documents.
• Prepare responses to correspondence.
• Answer incoming calls, greeting callers, providing information, transferring calls and/or taking messages as necessary.
• Coordinate the resolution of IT issues with the appropriate Information Technology contractor.
• Arrange and originate conference calls, virtual and in person meetings.
• Record messages including, relaying and routing written and verbal messages.
• Perform general clerical duties.
• Associates degree preferred and two to four years work-related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to multitask and work with all segments within the organization.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to interact with large groups of diverse people.
• Must be able to demonstrate initiative and the ability to work independently under general instructions with little supervision.
• Must possess strong organizational skills and perform in a professional manner realizing that this position requires confidentiality and the highest level of integrity.
• Accuracy, productivity, and dependability are important attributes.
• Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent customer service skills a must.
COMPENSATION: The Office Manager should plan to work 30 hours per week at a wage of $18.00 per hour.
Fast paced, highly detailed work environment. Works primarily in an office environment that will require the ability to sits for long periods of time. Some activities will require the ability to stand, bend, lift and move intermittently. The ability to regularly use a telephone and computer is required.
This role description is intended to describe the normal level of work required by the person performing the work. We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry. Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the organization’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to change. Any written contractual agreements supersede this document. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Cornerstone Alliance is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.