Talent Coordinator, Dual Career Initiative
Part-Time Contract Position
Job Summary: Berrien County is fortunate to have a number of companies that attract prolific, diverse talent to the area. With those talented people often come additional “partners/significant others” who are equally talented and seeking employment in the community. The Talent Coordinator will connect, manage and initiate relationships between a pool of partners/significant others and Berrien County-area companies who also invest in Cornerstone Alliance. The Talent Coordinator can only be successful by having direct and collaborative interaction with Kinexus (Michigan Works!) and will be responsible for daily coordination of workforce opportunities with Kinexus.
This position is responsible for organizing incoming resumes and meeting with, assessing and filtering candidates, followed by properly aligning those candidates with prospective employers. Through its partnership with Kinexus and Michigan’s Great Southwest Strategic Leadership Council (MGSSLC), the Talent Coordinator will develop and implement a system that improves interaction between job seekers and employers.
The Talent Coordinator reports to the Cornerstone Alliance’s Director of Investor Relations and will work closely with the Director of Communications and the Director of First Choice. The Talent Coordinator will also be supported by the Business Development team at Kinexus, and will have a regular presence at the Kinexus office.
- Will serve as the lead conduit between job seekers and area employers with a connection to Cornerstone Alliance and Kinexus.
- Build a true partnership with Kinexus and develop a model that will be seen as a destination for both job seekers and employers in order to recruit top-level
- Gain an understanding of Kinexus/Michigan Works! processes and initiatives in order to maneuver through workforce development programs for the maximum benefit of the individual and the company.
- Collaborate with First Choice Tour Ambassadors in order to fill a pipeline of job seekers, in addition to attending quarterly First Choice updated meetings designed to maintain a knowledge of area activities.
- Develop a process for prescreening and filtering job seekers in order to align them with meaningful, enriching employment.
- Create a relationship with key area hiring managers, staffing agencies, and Michigan's Great Southwest Strategic Leadership Council's Opportunity for Everyone strategic focus area, and the Southwest Michigan Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM).
- Participate in Cornerstone Alliance Business Development team meetings in order to understand area hiring needs.
- Serve as a Career Coach and Mentor while assessing applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills (including soft skills), experience and develop a system that provides analytical and well-documented recruiting reports that allow the prospective employer to properly assess a candidate.
- Gain Industry knowledge from Michigan and US Talent Recruitment Initiatives, then recommend necessary technology and process improvements to the Cornerstone Alliance.
- Develop site/processes for easier interaction between company and recruits.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with investors, stakeholder and community partners.
- Professionally represent Cornerstone Alliance and Kinexus at both internal and external events.
- Assist in Cornerstone Alliance events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university, preferably in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field.
- Must possess the ability to build relationships with workforce development and private-sector Human Resource executives.
- Previous project management experience is preferred. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to organize, develop and implement programs, goals, policies and procedures, necessary to align job seekers and employers.
- Excellent Customer Service skills and experience required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in the use of the English language.
- Proficiency in PC systems using word processing, database and spreadsheet applications. Microsoft Office preferred. Requires operation of assorted office equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and phone etiquette.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with minimal supervision and demonstrates good initiative.
- Ability to interact with large groups of diverse people.
Commensurate with experience.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fast paced, highly detailed work environment. Sits for long periods of time, stands, bends, lifts and move intermittently during working hours. Out-of-town, overnight travel may be required as will the occasional need to be available to attend meetings outside of normal office hours.
This role description is intended to describe the normal level of work required by the person performing the work. We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry. Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to change. Any written contractual agreements supersede this document. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Cornerstone Alliance and Kinexus are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.